Vaisala K-PATENTS® Sanitary Compact Refractometer PR-23-AC
Vaisala K-PATENTS® Sanitary Compact Refractometer PR-23-AC provides accurate means for measuring Brix and liquid concentrations in small pipe line sizes of 2.5 inch and smaller.
The PR-23-AC sensor is installed in the pipe bend. It is angle mounted in the outer corner of the pipe bend directly or through a flow cell and 3A Sanitary clamp or Varivent® connection. This way the best flow conditions and selfcleaning effect can be achieved.
The measurement range covers 0-100 Brix. The accuracy is ± 0.1 Brix and the measurement is automatically temperature compensated. Low and high concentration alarms can be configured. Because of the digital sensing technology, even large amounts of suspended solids, crystals, bubbles or color changes do not affect the measurement or the accuracy.
- Universal calibration of each sensor: All sensors are freely interchangeable.
- Full measurement range Refractive Index (nD) 1.3200 – 1.5300, which corresponds to 0-100 Brix.
- Meets 3A Sanitary Standard and tested for CIP cleanability according to EHEDG.
- Dual connectivity: one transmitter can operate two sensors. A second sensor can be easily integrated later.
- Completely digital system: particles, crystals and bubbles do not affect operation or accuracy.
- Patented CORE-optics: no drift, no re-calibration, no mechanical adjustments.
- Ethernet connection and remote panel for data-logging and remote operation.
- Effective heat transfer and isolation using Teflon® and ceramics in the sensor provide safe operation also in higher process temperatures (max. 130 °C/266 °F).
- Fast process temperature measurement by built-in Pt1000 and automatic temperature compensation.
- Easy on-site instrument verification within users’ own quality assurance system with standard Refractive Index liquids.