Vaisala K-PATENTS® General Type Compact Process Refractometer PR-43-GC
Oil and Gas Industry Capabilities and Provided Services (PDF)
Link to PR-43 Product Manuals
Instrument Verification (PDF)
The Vaisala K-PATENTS® General type refractometer PR-43-GC system consists of a compact refractometer and a graphical display, or physical device as user interface. The refractometer is a stand-alone device capable of operating independently. It has a measurement range of 0 to 100 % and it provides an Ethernet or 4–20 mA output signal proportional to the temperature-compensated concentration value for real-time process control. Different user interface options range from a rugged, multichannel, industrial computer to a compact light-weight and a web-based version, and allow the user to select the most preferred way to access and use the refractometer measurement and diagnostics data.
Vaisala K-PATENTS® Process Refractometer PR-43-GC is an ideal all-round instrument for measuring the concentrations of a wide range of chemicals and other liquids in oil and gas industry applications. Vaisala K-PATENTS® Process Refractometer PR-43-GC is designed for harsh environments that can be corrosive, abrasive, subject to extreme temperatures, pressures, vibration or contamination, humidity and dust, or any combinations of these factors. It is installed in the main processing line or bypass line either directly with Sandvik L coupling process connection, or via Sandvik L coupling and GFC Flow through cell connection. The user interface of the refractometer can be installed locally in the field, remotely in the control room or in both locations by connecting several user interfaces in a network.
Vaisala also provides full range of start-up, commissioning and technical support services to our customers. Our oil and gas industry expertise includes supply of extensive vendor documentation that is tailored and applied to each contract and client specific data requirements. Furthermore, our extensive control of all activities in oil and gas industry procurement process secures quality supply of products, contracted services and documentation.
- High-performance, industrial computing system
- Expandable system and connectivity for up to four (4) PR-43-G refractometers and eight (8) I/O modules
- Environmentally sealed IP67, Type 4X (door closed), IP66 (door open), rugged 316 stainless seel enclosure. Also for demanding field and outdoor conditions (-40−50°C, -40−122°F)
- Prism wash diagnostics and control
- Trend display that shows one or two graphs over a selected period of time.
- Embedded measurement apps: The apps are small programs that give different types of measurement data and functionality.
- Modules, e.g. mA-output and mA-input module
- 10” graphical touchscreen color display
- 21 CFR 11 compliant user identification and management, electronic data records and data-logging, event log/audit trail.
- Single device connectivity
- Local and/or remote display and access
- Light-weight, aluminum enclosure for control room conditions and epoxy coated IP66, Type 4X enclosure with polycarbonate display shield for field conditions
- Trend display
- 10” graphical touchscreen color display.
- Web browser interface via Ethernet connection to a control system or any type of computer
- Output values are transmitted through 4-20 mA output and output values, diagnostic information and trends are transmitted via an Ethernet connection using a UDP/IP protocol.
- Universal calibration of each sensor: All sensors are freely interchangeable
- Full range, nD = 1.3200...1.5300 corresponds to hot water...100 % by weight
- Completely digital system: particles and bubbles do not affect operation or accuracy
- Patented CORE-optics: no drift, no re-calibration, no mechanical adjustments
- Standard wetted parts materials AISI 316L stainless steel, prism sapphire, prism gasket modified PTFE
- Special wetted parts materials such as AISI 316L stainless steel, Alloy 20, Hastelloy C276/ASTM C276, Nickel 200/201, Titanium GR2/ATM B348 GR2 available
- Protection class IP67/Type 4X (for outdoor use)
- Prism wash option as well as hazardous and intrinsic safe approvals for hazardous area installations
Process temperature range: -40°C...130°C (-40 °F...266 °F)
- Process pressure: with Sandvik coupling L 76.1 mm (2.5 inch) up to 25 bar (350 psi)/Sandvik coupling L 60.3 (2 inch) up to 40 bar (580 psi) at 20°C (70°F)
- The PR-43-GC Refractometer has a built-in web server with an instrument homepage. The homepage allows for configuring, monitoring, verifying and diagnosing the refractometer via an Ethernet connection
- Fast process temperature measurement by built-in Pt1000 and automatic temperature compensation
- Easy on-site instrument verification within users’ own quality assurance system and standard Refractive Index liquids
- Self-cleaning or optional automatic wash system capabilities
- Hazardous and intrinsic safety approvals for hazardous area installations.